All of our wooden eyewear is handcrafted and built to last. They are truly wearable art and we are grateful to have you as part of the SLYK Fam! We want our customers to have the best possible experience and prolong the life of their SLYK Shades using the following tips:
- Always store in the protective microfiber sleeve and case provided when not wearing. Avoid storing in your purse, backpack or pocket without the case as they could be crushed accidentally.
- Clean lenses with provided microfiber lens cloth. Lens cleaner without alcohol is recommended. Do not wipe with towels, paper towels, clothing, etc. as they can be too rough on the lenses and could lead to scratches.
- Keep dry when possible. They are water sealed but consistent exposure to moisture can affect the wood.
- Avoid salt water and chlorine when possible. However, we do have a special lens coating to protect against this but rinse off your lenses when you get back with warm water before wiping. Do not let salt or chlorine sit on the lenses for an extended period of time as it could damage the coatings.
- If you feel wood is drying out, you can put a layer of beeswax on the frame and rub in with a soft cloth.
If you have any other care questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org